So that’s it. I’ve come back to uni and I’ve broken into the
world of radio.
The speakers aren’t going to know what hit them…
On Tuesday, I walked into the URN studios at my University
filled with nerves & excitement. Before I knew it I was thrust in front of
the microphone, reading the news bulletins and joking along with some of the
afternoon’s friendly presenters. I felt so welcome. Then, two hours later, I was back in front of a microphone,
sat around a table with 3 others discussing some intriguing news stories…and
you know what?
IT WAS SO FUN!
Yes I realise those capitals are going to look like I just
angrily shouted that in your face, but I can’t stress this enough.
I wasn't going to tell anyone about being on air; y'know. Just in case it went horrendously wrong. At least on radio anyone who didn't know who I was wouldn't recognise me around campus...But, once I'd had the practice of the bulletins, and caught the radio buy, I ended up telling almost everyone I spoke to that day what time I'd be on air and how they could listen in. My Dad even recorded it...
I left the studios afterwards, with a mixture of emotions –
thrilled that I could say I’d just ‘been on air’ and had spent most of the
afternoon ‘in the studio’ (check me out...), disappointed that I hadn’t thought to join URN
sooner, but excited that at the same time next week I’d be doing it all over
again!
So what do you think…shall I open my horizons to include
broadcasting?!
No comments:
Post a Comment